The secretary’s main task is to ensure the smooth logistical and administrative functioning of the TDP board. The work of the secretary has a more leveled time investment in comparison to e.g. the co-heads of initiatives, since scheduling meetings, administrative work, and the management of the website are a consistent effort and workflow.
The core tasks and responsibilities include:
- Recording/keeping minutes of the meetings: scheduling, taking minutes, creating the (weekly) agenda beforehand
- Updating and managing the website – incl registrations for events
- Administrative manners, such as writing the evaluation report or taking the lead for writing proposals to the supervisory board, such as a podcast studio proposal
- Possibly: hosting and organizing events
What we can offer you:
- Experience in web-design
- Experience with administrative work
- Expanding your network
- One-time compensation of 1000 euros at the end of the board year
What we ask from you:
- Between 5 to 10 hours of your time per week
- Available the full academic year
- Organizational and planning skills
- Assertiveness and social skills (e.g. calling and emailing people)
- Understanding of and openness to learning about web design / website management
If you would like to apply, please send us your motivation letter (250-500 words) and CV via firstname.lastname@example.org. In the motivation letter, please answer the following questions:
- What role are you applying for and why would it be a good fit for you?
- What can you provide for the board?
- What do you think the board can provide to you?
We look forward to receiving and reading your application!